Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Marking life's stages through purse contents

I just pulled my cell phone out of my purse (in case the day care calls, of course) and took a gander at the contents of my purse. It hit me that my purse contents have greatly changed over the years. When I was in high school, I had a house key, wallet, Carmex, and countless pictures of my friends at various dances.

Now I carry my wallet, my cell phone, a pen (that I can rarely find when I'm looking for it), an eyeliner, and my Zune... all normal stuff. Now for the things that I NEVER imagined I'd lug around with me ... that is, not until I became a mother: a bottle of teething tablets, 2 pacifiers (in case 1 gets dropped at any given time), a nasal aspirator (aka a booger sucker), children's Tylenol, bandaids of various sizes, a small package of Kleenex (ok, I should have probably carried that before, but it didn't occur to me until I had a child who can projectile sneeze), and baby food coupons. Who says motherhood isn't glamorous??

No comments: