Monday, August 25, 2008

Party weekend!

This was a festivity-filled weekend. Saturday morning, Annika and I trekked up to Bothell for my college roommate's baby shower. The shower had a Dr. Seuss theme and was lots of fun. I was honored to be asked to make the cake for the event. Of course, a Dr. Seuss cake couldn't be symmetrical or just 1-2 colors! Leaning tiers and plenty of colors were on tap for this cake!!



After the shower, Annika and I zipped home so she could take a nap before our next party of the day. My brother's son (Ian) turned 7 years old on Saturday and had a breakfast for dinner party. YUM!! Pancakes for dinner ... really, what could be better? (I may have to swipe his idea for my birthday!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT cake!!! How fun.

We had Sally's 7th birthday party on Sunday. She wanted pasta, so we had a baked ziti dish and a huge pot of fettuccine. It was an excellent choice by a small child. Then it was ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert.

I do like the pancakes idea, tho ...

Nikki said...

Did you make this cake too?!?!?