Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It is the small things at times

Yesterday, I stopped by Lowe's to pick up some furniture polish and a Christmas tree. I also realized that I kept meaning to pick up a lamp timer, so I swung by the lighting area and picked up two that were on sale for $4.98 each. Perfect! I then high-tailed it over to the garden center only to find their small (under 6') trees wouldn't be in until the next day. Bummer.

As I paid for the lamp timers and furniture polish, the gal at the register said there was a refund for my lamp timers. Bonus! When I got home, I realized the rebate was for the amount I paid. Hmmm... does this truly mean I get the lamp timers for free??? I filled out the rebate information and will now wait and see.

In the mean time, I basked in the glory of figuring out our lamp timers and watching them go on and off just as they should. Woo hoo!!!

On a side note, our damaged tree is supposed to be removed today. That is the first step in getting our back yard back to pre-hit-and-run status. YIPPEE!! After the mangled tree is out, the fence people can come in and repair the damaged fence portions and gate. Double YIPPEE!

No comments: