Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What a week!

We have had quite the week here in Seattle! It has been incredibly cold lately and we even got snow last weekend - yippee!!! Annika was very curious to check out the snow; after her umteenth trip to the sliding glass window and pointing at the snow, I decided to bundle her up and let her find out what the snow was all about. She wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but that didn't stop her from exploring a bit.



(Notice the hat? I made it during book club last week in preparation for this cold snap. Isn't it cute??)




I love how red her nose is in this picture!




Hey Annika - where'd your feet go???


Snow hasn't been the only fun thing over the past week. I'm in full holiday baking mode! Here are a few of the goodies that came out of our kitchen recently. (I was accosted at Eric's company holiday party on Saturday. My former co-workers were quite sure that I should still share my baked treats with them, even though I no longer work there. OK, you win. I'll send some before Christmas!)



Annika is all ready for a visit from Santa and even has a similar hat so they'll have something in common to chat about if she's up when he visits our house. (I wonder if she's going to apologize for screaming her head off when they had their picture together a few weeks ago, too.) :)

No comments: