Thursday, June 4, 2009

I feel like a new woman

Yesterday, I got my hair cut and colored for the first time since January. I feel SO much better! With our niece's upcoming high school graduation next week, I figured that I'd better look presentable.... not to mention, my bangs were so long that I wouldn't have been able to actually see the graduation ceremony.

During my hair appt., I got a call from my dear friend Caroline. She was having a bad day and wasn't feeling well. I offered to pick up her little boy, Gage, who is a year older than Annika and have him play at our house so she could rest. When he first arrived, he was a bit shy, but he quickly warmed up to us and had a grand time playing. He and Annika ate push-up frozen yogurt (quite the hit) and had a marvelous time splashing in our wading pool. Gage also was highly intrigued by the number magnets we have on our fridge. When Annika plays with them, they go everywhere and are completely void of order. Gage, on the other hand, organized them by number and color and had them in a straigh line. What a hoot! We had a great time with Gage and can't wait for our next visit together!

No comments: