Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The life of a freelancer

Yesterday, I found out that the contract I've been working will end at the end of June. Poop! I've been ramping up my marketing efforts, but no bites as of yet. Now I REALLY need to ramp up my efforts. I posted my editing business on Craigslist yesterday and put out feelers to a few marketing firms in town. I also applied for 4-5 full time jobs, just to make sure I explore all possible options.

I knew I was a bit stressed when I realized I forgot to eat lunch yesterday. I love food. I love food too much. Forgetting to eat just isn't me. I also slept poorly last night because my goofy brain wouldn't turn off. I'm a problem solver. If there is a problem, I don't wait for an answer to knock on my door; I put on my pith hat and start tromping through the jungles until I find a solution. (Apparently pith hats are hard to sleep in!)

Tomorrow, Annika and I head out to San Diego to spend some time with my sister and her family. I'm glad that I have the distration of our visit ahead of us; it keeps me from falling into the trap of doom and gloom.

Ultimately, I'd love to edit cookbooks and write books for children. I finished the first draft of my book about a little guy named Carter Beau who has an amazingly powerful imagination. He's fun. Maybe you'll meet him one day!

1 comment:

Jen Hagan said...

Steer very clear of that doom-and-gloom thing if you can. Keep plugging away! Keep putting out good energy and it will come back to you. I want to meet this Carter Beau! :-)