Saturday, July 4, 2009

Front from the Flu

It seems to be official that the flu hit the Olson home. By Thursday evening, I was feeling so bad that I called my dear sister to get her medical opinion. After hearing my symptoms and the the upcoming holiday approaching, she suggested that I call my doctor. When Suzanne says to call the doctor, you know not to mess around. So, I called my doctor's office. After telling them my story, they said to lay low, stay away from people, drink plenty of fluids, wash my hands frequently, cover my cough, an call them if my fever reached 103. Considering I still felt like I'd been hit by a semi truck, laying low wasn't a problem at all! Fortunately, my fever didn't go over 102.2, so I didn't have to call back and started to feel a bit more human by Friday evening. My energy level is still pretty low, but at least the other symptoms are seeking greener pastures. Unfortunately, I think those pastures are named Eric. Poor guy looks beat up today. Which reminds me, I need to buy more Nyquil today so he has some to take tonight.

On an up note, Annika seems to have dodged this bullet. She's been a bit congested and a little out of sorts, but doesn't seem to have caught the nastiness that I had and Eric seems to be getting.

To celebrate the 4th, we're hiding from the general public. (Which I'm sure they're grateful for!) Annika played in her wading pool for awhile this afternoon while I tried to read my book. (She's more fun to watch, so reading fell by the wayside.)

Happy 4th of July one and all. Be safe!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh no! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

GET WELL SOON!!!