Friday, July 31, 2009

P-day +1

Tomorrow is Annika's birthday party. It is 11 PM and I just finished cleaning the kitchen after my whirlwind cake decorating event. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to have 2 cakes instead of one larger cake. DUH! I didn't think about the fact that it would also mean twice the decorating. On top of that, I spent a good chunk of today cleaning in preparation for our party guests. I basically un-did the kitchen efforts by decorating the cakes. Powdered sugar and frosting were everywhere by the time I was done. Didn't think that one through. If I was smart, I wouldn't have touched the kitchen until after the cakes were done. OH well!

It was hot again today, but nothing like Wednesday's record-setting 104 degrees. I think we topped out right around 90. It amazes me that 90 seems cool now and the mid 80s seems down right mild. The heat has obviously melted my internal sensors a bit!

Annika is sleeping soundly. I'm going to follow her lead as soon as I brush my teeth, take out my contacts, wash my face, take my vitamins, and kick Eric and Robert off of the X-box in our room!

No comments: