Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mama's Helper

Recently, one of Eric's co-workers asked if I'd make a 50th birthday cake for another co-worker. Me turn down a chance to bake? HA!! So, I decided to make my standard white cake (with a hint of almond), fill it with chocolate, and cover it with chocolate fondant. My very smart girl has quickly discovered that when Mommy takes out the big Kitchen Aid mixer that good things soon come forth. She grabs her step stool, stands next to me and asks for a taste as soon as the 1st ingredient goes into the bowl. Eric now has learned that he has to be mighty quick to get the job of licking the beaters in this house - and he frequently loses because of Annika being poised on her step stool ready to pounce.





The final product!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures, and what a beautiful end result!!

Chocolate fondant, huh? Hmmm.

-the Other M