Thursday, July 22, 2010

Doughnut Muffins

Once again, Ree posted a recipe I couldn't resist trying and I am SOOO glad I did! These little muffins are a snap to make and turn out beautifully! Eric and I quickly gave them our thumbs up last night. The cinnamon sugar topping makes these babies beyond delicious. (OK, the butter doesn't hurt, either!)

This morning, I gave one to Annika. As I handed it to her, I said, "See what Mommy made last night? Would you like one?" While eying the baked goodness in her hands, she replied, "Ohhh! You made this? All by yourself?" She then proceeded to lick the cinnamon sugar off of the muffin, tell me that the muffin was then broken, and request a new muffin. That's my girl!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/07/muffins-that-taste-like-doughnuts/

I made some regular-sized muffins and then made mini muffins with the remaining batter. The mini muffins are a perfect one-bite sample of Heaven!

No comments: