Friday, July 9, 2010

Forget Sleepless in Seattle, We're Now Sweaty in Seattle

When I got in my car after work yesterday, the exterior temperature was 95 degrees. For those of us who are used to soggy Seattle that tends to hover around the 50s and 60s, 97 is REALLY FREAKING HOT!! Needless to say, we were all pretty darned overheated in our non-air conditioned house last night. Fortunately, our basement did offer some respite from the heat, but even our basement got a bit warm. Just when I thought we were miserably hot, I realized our poor pets are in the same heat, but were wearing really thick fur coats... poor guys! :(

As I ventured out during lunch today, the car informed me that it was only 87 degrees. Did I really write ONLY 87 degrees? Holy moly, my brain must be melting....

On an up note, we're looking forward to seeing some of our San Diego family members tonight. My brother-in-law, Randy, and our nephew, Robert, are currently en route from Sagle, ID to Seattle. Tomorrow, they'll continue on their road trip back to San Diego. Sorry guys, we don't believe in A/C here! It might be a bit warmer than you're used to. ;)

No comments: