Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Amazing Beer-battered Onion Rings!!

Last night, we made chicken burgers and onion rings for dinner. I'd only made onion rings one other time and it was a royal disaster. I vowed this time would be different. Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago that we had a roaring success making fish and chips?? Because of that success, I decided that a beer batter might be the way to go with the onion rings. I popped onto www.foodnetwork.com and found Guy Fieri's onion ring recipe. I skipped his dipping sauce recipe because Eric wanted to try a knock-off recipe for the Outback Steakhouse's Bloomin' Onion dipping sauce. Holy moly!! They were some of the best onion rings I've had ... EVER! They were light, crisp, and not greasy. Eric knocked the dipping sauce out of the ballpark. All in all, a very wonderful experiment that we'll repeat again!

No comments: