Monday, May 23, 2011

Bridal Shower

Eric and I met Amanda (Mandy) a few months after we married; she was our barista at Starbucks. (Eric and I have a funny way of picking up our friends. Mandy was our barista. Nicole was our ultrasound tech when I was pregnant with Annika....) Eric and I celebrated our 1st anniversary at Village Theater watching Mandy in the musical "Oklahoma". Over the years, we have build a lifelong friendship with Mandy that we cherish; we've seen her in numerous shows, seen guys come and go, and (sadly) we watched her move across the country to pursue her dream of acting in NYC. (Of course, that gave us a reason to go to NYC a few years ago to visit her!) Awhile ago, Mandy we started hearing about a wonderful man named Kevin. A mutual friend fixed them up; Mandy and Kevin fell in love and began building a life together. In January 2011, Kevin proposed to Mandy and they will get married in NYC on Sept. 19, 2011.

Yesterday, I attended Mandy's bridal shower. Her mom (Gill) was in charge of food and I offered to help out; she asked me to make some two-bite confections. I made caramels dipped in milk chocolates and then drizzled with white chocolate; I also made cookies to celebrate Mandy and Kevin. Some of the cookies were decorated to look like bridal gowns. The others were circles that I decorated with either Mandy and Kevin's initials, their wedding date, "true love", and "I do." Mandy is a pink fanatic, hence the pink and white royal icing. (Note: The finger-food buffet that Gill put together was beyond amazing!!! The table would have put Martha Stewart to shame!)

We are so excited for Mandy and Kevin and wish them nothing but bliss and blessings as they embark on the adventure that is marriage.
























No comments: