Thursday, June 2, 2011

One of the best days EVER

11 years ago from yesterday (June 1, 2000), I started a new job. Little did I know that I would also start my life. That's the day I met my amazingly wonderful husband. (OK, he wasn't my husband yet ... but I snared him soon enough!)

What amazes me year after year is how well get get along and how well we fit. We share a sense of humor that makes most people shake their heads and walk away mystified. When he brings logic, I bring emotion. When I bring chaos, he brings calm. We just work well. We are forever finishing each other's sentences and know what the other is about to say. Our partnership is right ... simply put. Eric is the peanut butter to my jelly - the yin to my yang - the Gilbert to my Sullivan.

Little did I know those many years ago that when I walked through the doors at my new job, I would not only start on a lifelong career path, but I would also meet the man of the dreams. My future husband. The father of my future children. The man I would rely on, I would support, and I would grow old with. The man whose love keeps me grounded and gives my heart wings all at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And now I have mascara streaming down my face at work. I love you guys, you are such an inspiration to me.