Thursday, July 7, 2011

Growing Up

Intellectually, I know our kids are getting older each and every day. Every once in a while, though, it hits me that they're not only getting older but are also growing up. No, they aren't off to college in a matter of moments (thank goodness!!!), but every once in a while, it really hits me that they are headed in that direction ... one day (insert the sounds of sobbing here).

One of these little reminders happened a couple of days ago. Annika successfully cut her own pancake and required no help from Eric or me. To the outside observer, it might seem to be a "no big deal" event. For us, though, it was a great achievement for our little girl, who now likes to proclaim "I can cut my food by myself ... all ... day ... long."

Working on the knife/fork balancing act


Sweet success!!


Back for another bite!


No comments: