Thursday, November 17, 2011

10 Years and Counting!

Ten years ago today, Eric donned his tuxedo and I put on my pretty white gown. We stood in front of our families and closest friends. We laughed. We cried (OK, I cried). We pledged to stand by each other in good times and bad. We promised to love each other for the rest of our lives. We became husband and wife.

Life is full of decisions... some work out, some don't. Some were easy, while others were painstakingly difficult and resulted in life's lessons learned. Still other decisions simply don't play into the grand scheme of things—such as what color socks to wear.

In all of my years, there has never been an easier or best made decision than when I chose Eric as my spouse. He has made me happier than I could have possibly imagined by partnering with me to build a life I am proud of and enthusiastically work hard for. He blessed me with our two amazing children; I cannot imagine a life that does not include their smiling faces, laughter, and love.

I am grateful for many things in life, but at the top of the list is my one true love, my sweet husband.

I love you, Sweetie. Here's to the first ten years and hoping the next ten are just as amazing!

Eric & Meredith - 11/17/01

No comments: