Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Memory I'll Cherish Forever

If anyone has ever met our children, they quickly understand that Annika and Conor are upbeat kids with lots of energy. They play well together (for the most part) and really do look out for the other. Every so often, all of their penned up energy is spent and they sit quietly together. This was one of those times.

On Sunday morning, I didn't hear the kids ... at all.... I mean, not a peep... which caused me to immediately investigate what in the world they were up to. What I found was our two cherubs happily snuggled up together on the couch watching a video on Eric's phone. Priceless.

It is the moments like this one that I burn into my memory and heart, so I can carry them with me... always. One day, they'll be grown and living in their own homes and living busy lives; that's when I'll find myself missing them, hoping they're well, and thinking back to when they were my little babies, wearing footed jammies, and happy to sit together watching a show without a care in the world.


No comments: