Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Gift from Annika

One day last week when I arrived to pick up Annika from school, she had a sly grin on her face and her hands behind her back. When I asked her what she had behind her back, she presented me with the following:

Front

Back
(Translation: "Dear Mom. This picture is for you. Love, Annika")

I about burst into tears right then and there! Talk about a precious gift ... not only the drawing and adorable 5-year-old handwriting, but the sentiment to boot. This was her way of reminding me that she thinks about me while she's at school and I'm at work.

Our sweet girl really knows how to tug at her mama's hear strings... no doubt about it! This is one of her childhood treasures I'll hold near and dear to my heart for all time. Now that it is scanned and documented, I'll now put it in her box of keepsakes.

No comments: