Friday, November 1, 2013

October Daring Bakers Challenge: Savory Pie

While at a Halloween party last night, I had an "OH CRUD" moment when I realized I neglected to post the October Daring Bakers Challenge on time. My trip to Vegas sure messed with my sense of time!

SO, without further ado.... my savory pie!

This challenge was PERFECT for me this month. October is proving to be an insanely busy month and I had pot roast leftovers that needed to be spruced up a bit. So, I sauteed some onions, potato, carrots, and celery, added the pot roast leftovers and gravy, threw in a bit of this and a little of that (aka seasonings and spices), scooped it all into my go-to homemade pie crust, added vents with a small cookie cutter, splashed it with an egg wash, and popped it into the oven. Fast, easy, tasty! Ta da!

Perfect dinner on a wet and chilly autumn evening.

Hannah of Rise and Shine was our October 2013 Daring Bakers’ hostess and she challenged us to bake our own double crusted savory pot pies. Using any from-scratch crust and filling we choose, we were allowed to get completely creative with our recipe, showing off the savory flavors and fillings from our own home or region.



No comments: