Monday, July 6, 2015

June 2015 Daring Baker's Challenge: Charlotte Russe

The day I was supposed to blog about last month's challenge landed smack-dab in the middle of our camping trip. Needless to say, our tent in the middle of Bay View State Park didn't have wi-fi. :)

This month, we were challenged to make either a Charlotte Royale or a Charlotte Russe. I opted for the Russe, which is basically ladyfingers that are surrounding a whole bunch of creamy/chocolaty goodness ... and tied with a bow for extra specialness.

I'd never made ladyfingers before and was rather excited to try it out. Let's just say that they didn't turn out (visually) as expected .... I'm thinking because I didn't have a tip that was ideal for the job ... but that didn't stop them from tasting really good. I also added raspberry liquor from a local distillery to add a bit of extra flavor to my chocolate "filling". All I can say to that is OMG sooooo good!

I gave the kids Charlotte Russe "sandwiches" and both gave the experiment their (sticky) thumbs up. Can't complain about that!


For the June daring bakers challenge Rebecca from BakeNQuilt.comchallenged us to make Charlotte Royale and Charlotte Russe from scratch. Savory or sweet Charlottes were definitely tasty showstopper

No comments: